Friday, September 29, 2006

Well that was awkward...

So...funny story, for all of you anyway. Tuesday night we started recording for the Servant Christian Community Foundation project. I borrowed my friend Jeremy Davis' beautiful Taylor guitar to do some of the recording with and offered to bring it by when we were done. Well I went to the studio and we had a good "get our feet wet session" (first sessions are really highly productive), and finished up around 10:45 or so.

I went from there to pick up my Dad from his office and found the most unusual site. There was a note on the door that said, "Mom picked me up." But that wasn't what was unusual, what was rather amusing is that there were 5 deer just chilling in the parking lot. They would just kind of watch me, decide I was rather impotent and go about there business of filling up parking spaces just feet away from me. That was weird.

But on to the real story. Post leaving my Dad's office, I dropped my Jeremy's house to give him his guitar back. It was about 11:15 by now, and I didn't want to wake up his parents, so I knocked lightly a few times. No answer. I knocked a few more times. Still no answer. I tried the knob to see if I could just set it inside. That didn't work. So I did what any half-way intelligent improvisational American would do - gather the known facts and create a plan of action for returning the guitar.

Looking up and to my left I could see the lights still on in a bedroom. Seeing how I am only 5'11" and the bedroom was on the second floor, all I could see was the baseball wallpaper going around the top of the walls. Aha! My friend Jeremy is probably the biggest baseball fan I know - this was clearly his room. Plus he indicated that he would still be awake. So I resorted to the tried and true method of chucking objects against the window. Unfortunately there were no rocks around, so I fished my wallet out of my pocket and launched it at the lit window. The leather object met the glass with a thud and dropped to the concrete driveway below. As I was retrieving my wallet I heard a voice above me, "Yes?" it questioned. Only the voice was not coming from Jeremy, but from Jeremy's Dad. "ummmm...," I stuttered, "hi, uh sorry about that, I was just trying to drop off Jeremy's guitar..." Then Jeremy came and opened the front door laughing at me. Apparently his room is in the basement. So yeah, that was my Tuesday night. Now it's time to leave for the airport to fly to San Diego:)

2 comments:

Luke said...

lol, nice.

I wish you were coming to Taylor this weekend. I miss you brother.

megs said...

that's AWESOME!! good stuff right thar! hope you have a good time in japan! our prayers are w/ you!


theothermarkmiller
Quantcast