Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My fiance's letter

I saw you today. You were looking pretty busy. I tried to wave and I called out your name, but you were with your other friends. I guess you didn't hear me. Maybe I was naive, thinking that our relationship would be like it was last semester. I wish it were. At least you made time for me then. That's what an engagement is about.
I wanted to get to know you better, to understand you, to fall deeper in love with you -but I never thought it would be this one-sided. I wanted to share the same activities, to like what you like, to do what you do, but you have made that impossible. You know how much I hate those things! How I remember the seperation from my Dad when He looked at me and saw your activities as if I had done them. But it was worth it. It was the price I had to pay so you could know me, so that I could be with you!
But why do you do those things? Do you think that because I can see what you will do, the pain I receive from your actions is any less? It is worse than the bouquet of thorns that was pressed into my scalp on your behalf. That was nothing compared to the searing anguish in my heart.
But I will bear it. It's worth it to know you.

I know about your other lovers. I see you flirting with them before you yourself have even realized what's going on. I still love you, though my heart breaks every time like a stain-glass window being hit by a wrecking ball.
Please come back to me. I miss you. I want to be with you. I know your dreams. Some of them I will give you, for they are what I want for you. Please listen to me as I give you new dreams, for I want to save you pain, and I want to give you pleasure. Don't settle for less then what I give! Please...
I know you, and I know your potential, and your future...and I know that if you pursue your dreams on your own apart from me that you will regret it.
Never forget my zealous passion for you, how I love you enough that I gave everything for you! I can't wait for our wedding day! But oh, how much sweeter it will be if you will get to know me first. Remember, our engagement is a time for learning, for loving, for forgiving, and for growing, and it is a time that cannot be skipped - and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:


theothermarkmiller
Quantcast