Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Response to my fiance's lettter

Jesus, I miss You too! I hate how eratic my time with You has been! You're right, I have had other lovers. I cry now writing this. I know the pain it has caused You. They never satisfied me - they always left me wanting something more. They can never give what I find in You and in the purity of our relationship.

Whenever I spend quality time with You, I see that You are better, I know that You are better! - but my lovers kept returning, they won't let me rest until the wedding - at least then they will be gone forever. Oh the pain that have caused me - and I know now - have caused You! Jesus, chase them away, claim me! Tell them I am Yours. They don't listen to me unless You are here. They tremble and run from me at the sound of Your approach - even the sound of Your name! I want to be presented to You as holy, as pure, and I know that You are the deepest desire of my heart, that every time I feel alone and worthless, You are what I'm missing!

Jesus, I will return, I must return! Where else can I go? There is no one better than You! There is nothing better than You!

Hold me...come, hold me... I need Your reassurance, I long to hear Your gentle voice and feel the caressing of Your love on my heart! I am Yours. Forgive me for my past sins against You, for my former lovers. I will learnk, love, and grow by Your mercy, grace, and by You loving example to me. Thank you for pursuing me! My heart skips while I am with You, and I too, cannot wait until the wedding day that I am forever Yours!



Maybe you can relate to these past two letters. Write your own response to Jesus, as we as the church are collectively His bride!

1 comment:

ajp said...

You should listen to Derek Webb's song off his first CD called Wedding Dress. He sings about your letters.


theothermarkmiller
Quantcast