Friday, June 05, 2009

The Quest for Commodore

Hey guys, I just got a call from a friend of mine who WAS playing a show this Friday night UNTIL he was reminded of a wedding he was supposed to be in the same night... so now its MY show :) Fun times. And perfect timing. And here is why:

During my trip to Ft. Wayne, IN, I stumbled upon a beautiful beaten up guitar hanging in a corner of a music store's dungeon. *Warning - the following couple sentences are intended for guitar players and should not be read by people who would care more about picking their teeth* As I picked it up, I realized that it had a L.R. Baggs duet pickup/eq (retails for $800 on its own). So I plugged it into an amp, ran my fingers up its delicate neck into the cutaway body, and instantly fell in love. Best part? They are only asking $400 for it.

I know what you are thinking... don't you already own 3 guitars? well... four actually... but the problem is that none of them are good, solid stage guitars. They take a lot of EQ, a talented sound guy, and a healthy dose of good luck to get them to sound good - and they don't really play that well and limit me to what I can do.

So this guitar would become my flagship, my commodore, as it were. And its on hold for me for another week while I see if can scratch up $300 more.

So, come listen to music! I plan to break out ANOTHER new song even, so yay. And if you could bring a dollar or two to rescue Commodore from the music store, you would make me and the guitar exceptionally happy. 

And how about this? If you donate $5 or more towards the guitar, I'll put your name in the thankyou section for my new CD (that I'm working on now :D) Cool? I think so. Hope to see you Friday at 7!

Details:

Scooter's at 10610 Shawnee Mission Parkway. Its in a bank. 

7 PM - but show up at like 6:30 to get some drinks and a seat :)

Josh Hafner is going to be starting us off with his songs at 7! So don't be late! 

We have something extra special too - you will just have to come to find out :)

No comments:


theothermarkmiller
Quantcast