Tuesday, June 09, 2009

And so it begins (finally)

Alright guys, the time has finally come for you to influence the new CD.  I have re-listed the steps for you and posted the first 2 songs for you!  We start tracking drums this week and then we start building!

P.S. - these two new songs - 56 and January - will be available for download starting now until next Tuesday, June 16 - for free at www.reverbnation.com/theothermarkmiller - just because I like you (and so you can listen for your ideas to flow).  You can listen to the new songs as well by clicking the music player to the left on my blog page at www.theothermarkmiller.blogspot.com

Step 1. I will be posting up acoustic versions of the album at www.reverbnation.com/theothermarkmiller

Step 2. You listen to the songs and step into the role of producer - telling ME what to add into each song - maybe you want to hear a cello in the third chorus, maybe you WROTE a cello part for the third chorus, perhaps you want me to play a toy piano, or bang on a bucket with a wrench - comment here, email your ideas to theothermarkmiller@gmail.com, or message me on the reverbnation page

Step 3. I take your suggestion, no matter how crazy it is, and if I can do it, or find someone who can, then I will. If it works, then it will be on the final album! If it doesn't, well, we shall see...
So what do you get out of this? Well, no royalties unfortunately, but you do get honorable mention in the CD cover - and satisfaction...
Also, I will pick three winners for the following awards, and they will all be getting extra special mention and free CDs :)
The Most Creative Award -to the most creative idea of all
The Song Maker Award -to the idea that ends up influencing a single song the most
The Make My Day Award -to the idea that is the most fun to try

So there you have it! Let the games begin!

2 comments:

Ben Elder said...

When you do the harmonics in 56 I think you should tap the notes out on piano or xylophone in a higher octave

Mark Miller said...

I like that idea! Definitely going to try that.


theothermarkmiller
Quantcast