Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sigur Ros and C.S. Lewis = ?

This post is all the fault of my good friend, Johnny Loritsch. I received a package from him last week with a note that stated near the edge of the perforated notebook page these words - "mark, I must share with you two of my favorite things." Enclosed was The Great Divorce by CS Lewis and a CD by Sigur Ros called Takk. What has resulted? I have had an amazing week in communion with my God.

Sigure Ros and C.S. Lewis have one thing in common: they both paint a living portrait in my my mind so great that the colors nearly leave me blind. But I don't even care because my heart is getting a glimpse of the very thing it longs for the most. The thing that is sometimes foolishly competed with by pleasures of earth that in comparison are no more pleasurable than a fleeting dream after one is awakened to the sunlight and music of the real world. Heaven. The place where true love, true longing, true desire - all - is truly satisfied in the bridegroom who has called us His own - Jesus.



No comments:


theothermarkmiller
Quantcast