Thursday, April 09, 2009

William Fitzsimmons and the beginning of randomness

I've decided to include something random with every post from here on out.

Random quote someone told me today - taken totally out of context - "You look like a 3."

Good luck figuring that one out.  Don't hurt yourself.


Onto something of substance: I went to the Bottleneck in Lawrence to watch William Fitzsimmons play his tunes last night.  I really, really like him.  Its really quite amazing how captivating his songs are when they really have almost no dynamic varience - but they are so so good that way!  

How to describe William Fitzsimmons... hmmm...

Ok, here we go.  If I was stranded on a desert island, living among ravenous wild beasts and restless natives, and could pick only one person to come along, calm my thoughts, and sing me to sleep every night, it would be William Fitzsimmons.  And I'm straight.  Lets put that out there since most of you don't know me personallly.

He just has this way of singing that soothes your soul and heals the wounds of past years gone awry. And if he were to take the place of the pied piper playing his guitar - I would probably follow him to the sea.  



Oh, and for those of you in Manhattan, see you in less than 24 hours at Bluestem Bistro! 

No comments:


theothermarkmiller
Quantcast