Thursday, April 24, 2008

a normal guy in Normal, IL, listening to the Normals

The first of my house shows this week kicks off in Normal, IL, and it is here at the "Coffeehouse" in Normal where I find myself drinking some looseleaf apricot tea and finally updating my blog.

For those of you who don't know, Normal, IL is the home town of an amazing band known as the Normals. Now their generally fearless leader has joined the band Caedmon's Call. But back to topic, the Normals were way, way ahead of their time in talent and musical ideas, and if you don't own any of their albums, you should buy them right now - all three.

Last night, at 1 AM, right as I pulled off of Business 51 into Normal, what song should randomly come on from my 5000 song itunes library but "We are the Beggars" by the Normals - there is a God. And He has realy good taste in music.

Moral of the story, if you are in Normal, IL - Champaign/Urbana, IL, or Indianapolis, IN, send me an email at theothermarkmiller@gmail.com and we can meet up at one of these house shows - tonight through Saturday!!! I'm stoked.

No comments:


theothermarkmiller
Quantcast