Thursday, January 24, 2008

Transition

I always feel this burden to fill you, my friends, in on what has happened since the last time I made my real world existence known...but the mere thought of it talks me out of even trying (yes, I talk to myself in my thoughts, you do too, you probably just don't realize it, thoughts are tricky like that). Anyways, so here is what's happening now.

For the first time in my life I am trying to survive primarily as a musician. Yes its true. I have officially joined the masses of those doomed to love what we do and suffer the consequences :) Which usually means we don't travel unless its for a gig, spend our days networking with people, and get the social tag of "professional slacker."

But, 'tis not fully true my friends...no, the truth is that we do work hard, its just that our work is what most people enjoy, including me - most of the time. Not going to lie, there are days when I do not want to pick my guitar, but then usually be the next day I can resist no longer.

So here I am, learning, learning, and growing, in what is necessary to maintain this vision in the flesh. One things for sure I could not do it without you. And I wouldn't dream about trying to. You, my friends, make me who I am.

No comments:


theothermarkmiller
Quantcast